El Poblado to populate
By: Maria Fernanda Caballero Mejía
It’s easy to say why El Poblado sector at Medellin is so suggestive:
1. Green sights filled with trees.
4. It’s the favorite place for foreigners to stay.
5. It’s one of the safest sectors in the city.
6. Has a good view of Medellin and its mountains.
7. Many of its Medellinenses have traveled to other countries, so they speak more languages besides Spanish.
8. Has everything you need by walking distance, or a maximum 10-minute cab drive: mini markets, supermarkets, pharmacies, shopping malls, variety of restaurants, hotels, hostels, bars, clubs, sports centers, beauty centers, banks, theaters, museums, cinemas, churches, hospitals, police quadrants, among others.
Medellin grows in its desire to be a "city brand" it´s trying to convert citizenship in one of its main concepts of culture, makes big plans to make the "Paisa" idiosyncrasies its urban marketing. The real dynamics of the Comuna 14 El Poblado, for example, could be an indicator of development that enhances the sector with modern, intense and profitable buildings
The city moves, experience, creates, cultivates and captivates with projects or ambitious, futuristic and inclusive megaprojects. Foreign visitors perceive this, therefore they return.